Friday, April 12, 2013

Lexi at 13 months

 Sometimes a picture is really worth a thousand words...She was having so much fun looking out the window, then she found a dead bug on the window and tried to eat it.  I had to tell her no and take it away.  She gave me "the look" and I knew that the tears were coming soon.  This kid hates being told no.  She doesn't break down immediately when you tell her no, it comes slowly - like you've broken her poor little heart and she'll never forgive you. 
 She is into everything!  I feel like my house is in constant chaos because of all the stuff she gets into.  One afternoon Macie had her friend over who is the youngest.  He walked in and looked around my kitchen and went "Whoa!"  And I totally agreed.  Neither of us had ever seen such a mess!

She loves sunglasses and got those on all by herself in that first picture.  She was so proud of herself that she crawled all the way into the kitchen to show me, then all the way into the front room to show Macie, before she took them off. 

She loves all animals,  but was terrified when I actually put her on the horse.  Horses are cooler from a distance.  She is obsessed with balloons.  Every time we see one she points and says, "Bah...bah" over and over.  I finally bought her one at the dollar store and she held it so tight in her little fist that her had turned white! 
She's having a hard time giving up bottles.  She still gets one in the morning and one at night.  I've stopped giving her milk when she gets up at night and she's finally sleeping a little better.   She's sleeping through the night a few times a week now.  She hates waking up and being given water.  She's learning it's better just to sleep!
She is getting 3 of her molars!  Crazy!  She still only has her top and bottom 2 front teeth. 
 I finally got her a birthday present.  I was feeling a little guilty that we didn't really do anything for her birthday, so I got her this car.  She loves it AND the box.  We have to specify now when we say "Do you want to get in the car?"  I have to say, "Do you want to get in Lexi's car?"  Or "We are going to get in MOM's car."  If we go out and get in my car, she gets upset if she thought we were going to her car."
Still working on actual words.  She knows DAD for sure.  And she says "Bah" for balloons and balls, but that's about it so far. 

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Cuuuuute!

Don't you love having a little helper to redecorate every room for you? It keeps life interesting. (GAH.)

Janet said...

She is so cute! I love those pictures :)