Thursday, April 11, 2013

Eye wonder...

Who can resist a great pun?  Not me!  At Lexi's 9 month check up, the doctor thought that she was showing signs of having a lazy eye.  He gave us the number for a specialist at Primary Children's Hospital.  I called them as soon as we got home and I was totally shocked when they said they couldn't see her for 3 months!  I felt like "that mom" who didn't really care enough to do what the doctor said when I took her in for her one year check up and had to tell him that I hadn't been able to get her in to the specialist yet. 
And then when I took her to her actual appointment, I felt like "that mom" yet again when I went to pay our $25 co-pay and all my credit cards were missing.  I had no way to pay.  (My sweet Lexi had been kind enough to clean out my wallet for me the night before and I had forgot to check it before I went).  The receptionist whispered, "So, it should be covered as preventative anyway.  If you don't pay the co-pay, they probably won't even charge you."  So I didn't pay - and when my bill came, it was covered.  Thank you, receptionist. 
Anyway, Lexi and I hung out and got to watch Incredibles and play with toys in our exam room.  That cow up there in the right hand corner was about the coolest thing ever.  She kept pointing and oohhing and aahhing at it. 
After about a half hour of testing and eye dilating, she Specialist determined she was fine.  We had never really been able to notice it, but thought that it was because we're the parents and she's perfect to us.  Nice to know someone else agrees with us! 
Can I just say how much I LOVE having a Primaries in Riverton?  They are so great to work with and we never have to wait for anything.  Love it!  AND, they even gave Lexi those adorable "I've just had my eyes dilated" glasses, which she (and I) thought was pretty dang cool!

No comments: