Sunday, April 7, 2013

Blue and Gold 2013

So, last year I totally got ripped off and didn't get to go to our Blue and Gold Banquet.  (Dang Baby being born!)
This year I found an Angry Birds Blue and Gold idea and kind of swayed all the men I work with in scouts to do it.  There were no complaints from them since the blog I found listed out every last detail of the night.  (Thank you, Pinterest, yet again).

We served Wal mart subs again this year...super easy and everyone seemed to be all right with our simple dinner.  
 We had an actual Angry birds game where they got to build with the boxes and had to earn the balls by answering scout questions.  Crazy good times! 

I had so much fun making the Angry Birds bags for the tables!  And then I just happened to see that green bucket at the dollar store and knew it was calling my name saying, "Heidi, please make me into a pig...I'm sure you'll find a way to use me..."  And so I bought it and I found a use for him! 
We had the boys bring Angry Birds themed cakes.  So much fun to see what they came up with.  So much fun to see the cakes that the boys did and the cakes that the moms did.

Once again, I am amazed at how much I've learned to love the scouting program.  I still don't understand all of it, but I can totally see how important it is in teaching these boys important life skills and lessons!

No comments: