Monday, March 11, 2013

Happy one year, Lexi!

Has it really already been a year?  I can't believe it!  This past month has gone by so crazy fast with all my Disney planning. 
Lexi caught her second cold and it was a pretty bad one.  She was miserable, which means we all were miserable.  Once she got on an antibiotic she started to perk up again. 
She was still an army crawler for the month (BUT, the past few days she finally got up on all fours).  She officially gave up on baby food.  We're all about finger foods these days.  She's been eating a lot of Nutra grain bars.  Soft and easy to eat.  I just love when she is done eating and she cleans up her tray...by throwing everything down onto the floor.  Macie said one day, "Mom, Lexi made a banana trap on the floor!"  There always seems to be a trap of some sort on our floor right now.  If it's not food, it's toys that she's dragged around.  She loves to empty out my wallet and rearrange all of my cards.  Good times when I go to pay and I can't find the right card.  Always that moment of panic when I can't find it!
She is obsessed with my phone.  She's getting really good at throwing tantrums if I don't let her hold my phone.  She used to be happy just to look at the pictures, but now she's learned how to get out of the pictures and mess with all sorts of things.  She almost called poison control the other day. 
She is getting super good at cruising along the furniture.  She'll "one hand" it to get to another object. 
She discovered the sound "Kah" and points at things and says it over and over. 
Right before we left on our trip she started blowing kisses.  I honestly have no clue who taught her how to do that, but it's adorable and she'll do it to anyone at anytime.  (Well, except for Grandma Jean.  For some reason she doesn't get kisses). 
She has 4 teeth now!  The fourth broke through on our trip. 
I made her a little scrapbook with pictures of her in it.  Best $2.30 I ever spent on her.  She'll look at it for hours!  She loves turning the pages and will point at herself and say, "oooh" or "kah" over and over. 
Still getting up at night.  I've given her a break because she's been sick, but it's time to start some tough love...easier said then done. 
When I ask her who people are in our family picture, she can point to the right person.  I love that.  She gets so excited when her sisters get home from school.  She loves to play with them.  Macie had some friends over the other day and they all played with her and she giggled and was in heaven - until they went upstairs.  She then decided to follow them up.  I found her up about 4 steps. 
She brings so much happiness into our home.  I honestly don't know what I would do without her!  Those 3 hours a day right now when her sisters are all at school would be pretty boring without her around.  What would I do with myself?  Sleep?  Clean?  Shop?  I'd much rather play with Lexi!

No comments: