Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The things we do for our kids...

Maddie had a project for school.  She had to make a cake shaped like Utah and then add in all the rivers and mountain ranges.  Controlling Heidi wanted to do it herself.  Good mom Heidi had Maddie make the cake, cut out the chunk of Wyoming, make her frosting colors, and frost it herself.  It was hard.  She loved it.  I got over it.
Macie comes home from school every day grumpy.  Maddie used to be the same way, so I know it's all right.  She never wants to talk to me or will tell me what she wants for lunch.  One day I tried to get her happy by asking her if she wanted to go to the park and have a picnic with me.  She quickly said, "Yes, if Rylan can come."  These 2 have gotten really close the past few weeks of school.  They are in the same class and play together quite a bit now.  I adore him.  He is such a well mannered, sweet little guy.  You know how there are certain friends when they are over, there is a lot of arguing and they just don't play well?  Not these two!  They get along great and I love having him over.  He's the youngest in his family and he's so cute with Lexi.  He would always go lay by her.  His mom recently informed me that he said he always has to "Babysit Lexi" when he's there.  That I just walk away and leave her, so he has to watch her.  So cute!  I didn't realize he thought I was neglecting my baby, I just thought he liked to play with her. 
Anyway, he came with us on our picnic.  They spread out their blanket in the shade, and I went and sat on a bench by myself and listened to how cute these two are with each other.  My whole plan was to spend quality time with my daughter, but it was totally worth it to hear and see her happy with her friend.
And finally, ice cream.  These girls want to go get ice cream pretty much every Monday night for family night.  I really really really didn't want ice cream.  But I went.  And I got ice cream.  And I didn't even eat it.  I love my girls. 



1 comment:

Janet said...

I remember those cakes :) I love all the fun things you do with your girls. You are a good mom!