Friday, September 14, 2012

Family fun time...sort of

For Labor day, we went bowling as a family.  I had a groupon that was about to expire, so we decided it was a good reason to go out.  (I have to mention that once we got there, they were running a special that was cheaper than my groupon and they wouldn't do a dang thing about it.  I was annoyed).
It was so funny to watch them bowl!  Maddie couldn't hold the ball the "right" way and would just chuck it as hard as she could.  Lindsay was a bit on the dramatic side (but what's new) and Macie was probably the best bowler out of all three.  I always like to remind Jeramy that I took bowling classes when I was in Elementary school.  He always likes to ask me why I'm not a better bowler then.
Our groupon included glow in the dark mini golf.  The girls thought that was pretty cool.  We thought it was a bit lame that their course was not "wheelchair/stroller" accessible and we had to lug the carseat through the course.
Can you tell I didn't really enjoy our trip out?
Apparently it was enough to put Macie to sleep on the ride home though.  


We also took the girls to the drive in movie.  I haven't been there in years!  As in, last time I went I was on a date, and not with my husband.
We saw Paranorman.
Hated it.
The girls thought it was pretty cool to sit in the car and watch a movie.  The second movie was Diary of the Wimpy kid.  I won't lie, I was more excited about seeing that one than the first movie.  (And I use the term "excited" lightly.  Wasn't thrilled about either one).  Jeramy decided we were not staying.  Lindsay cried.  Maddie agreed that she was too tired.  So, I gave in and we went home.  Everyone was asleep before we hit the freeway. 
Whine, whine, whine, right? I'm such a baby. BUT I know my girls had fun and we made some awesome family memories. Totally worth watching a crappy movie and getting ripped off at the bowling alley.

No comments: