Lexi is already 7 months old. I really can't believe how fast time is flying by. She's growing up way too fast. She's finally getting more giggly. I was concerned that the only way to get her to giggle was by tickling her, but she's starting to think we're kind of funny now.
She's already working on the "army crawl." She'll pull herself with her arms and then push with her legs. I am really not ready for her to be that mobile and I cringe every time I see her doing it.
We started her with those "puff" things the other day and she's really not a fan yet. We'll keep working on them. She's starting to prefer baby food to bottles, which is a bummer because it take so long to feed her baby food and it's sooo messy.
She still really enjoys our morning walks. Yesterday we went and walked through the gardens at Thanksgiving Point. She wasn't a fan...maybe it was the really bumpy cobblestone pathway. Maybe it was the sun in her eyes. Maybe it was both. I wasn't a fan because of the 300 high school kids that were there on a field trip.
She loves my phone. The picture with Jeramy was not staged. She put her little arm around him - trying to get closer to his phone. I have a Fisher Price app that she'll sit and watch over and over again. She always tries to put the phone in her mouth and I pull it out, and then she gets mad. We do this over and over again.
The balloons were from Lindsay's birthday. Lexi was fascinated by them while I walked through Wal-Mart (yes, wal-mart. I had no clue they sold balloons. AND they aren't limiting your purchase of helium like other stores out there). She kept reaching for the strings in the van on the ride home. And finally, they lost their float and she got to play with them. She loved it!
The problem with having super chunky thighs is that when you fall asleep sometimes, you can't get your leg out of the bars. I had checked on her and tried to move it, but didn't want to risk waking her up, so I took a picture and got in the shower. I figured she'd be able to maneuver herself out of the bars when she woke up. When I turned off the water in the shower, I heard the most terrified cries ever. I went in and she was stuck! Sheer panic on her face. I felt so bad.
I love watching my other girls interact with her. I find myself thinking all the time how grateful I am that we have her. She really brings so much joy into our home. She can put a smile on any one's face, even at 4 in the morning. She's still getting up at night, but I'll forgive her.
Thursday, October 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
so sad about her leg. I as well can relate. kambria has huge thighs her poor pants have a hard time pullin gup over them. One day she didn't want to take a nap and was crying I let her cry. I was so tired and my mom came over and we were talking after abou 30 min of her still crying I went in to see why she wasnt going to sleep to find her totally panicked cause her leg was stuck. Yes I won mother of the year there as well :)
She is so so cute!
Post a Comment