I'm pretty sure I'm going to give birth to a toddler. Want to know why?
1) I have never had a child be so violent with me. I'll be nicely laying in bed and BAM, she kicks me. I jump a mile high. Jeramy chuckles and says something adorable like "serves you right." I can only think of one time when I was pregnant with Lindsay having that experience. This child catches me off guard at least once a day and make me jump. She must be really strong, or really mad at me about something.
2) I feel huge. This is when all of you sweet ladies say, "But you look so tiny."
Liars.
No, I may not be massive by some standards, but by Heidi Pregnant standards, I'm large.
3) Maddie was 5 pounds 13 ounces. Lindsay was 6 pounds 6 ounces. Macie was 7 pounds 4 ounces. So, this child will be at least 10 pounds, right??
4) And every prayer that is said in our home right now (including meal prayers) the person praying will "bless that our baby will continue to grow." With all of those sweet little prayers blessing that she'll grow, she's bound to be HUGE!
You guys think I'm kidding? I'm not. I can't bring myself to buy newborn diapers. I look at all of our newborn clothes and I keep telling myself she won't even fit in them.
And then there's that lady who gave birth to a 14 pound baby this week.
Seriously.
I didn't need to hear that.
4 comments:
Well I'll be the one to say it! You really do look good! I was just saying to Ky at the Pinewood Derby, look at Heidi, she's three weeks farther along than I am and is so much smaller! You look great!
I completely understand feeling huge (this morning I was totally crying on my bed to Ky that I didn't want to show my face in church ... brought on by not being able to get any shoes on my overly swollen feet. :/) but, take it from someone looking on from the outside ... YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!!
You really do look great!
You totally make me smile. I love your posts! I can totally relate to all of this all to well. I know it won't make you feel better but yes you do look so tiny for only having 4 weeks to go.
Great picture! I'm sad that I'm missing the pregnant Heidi again. Serves ME right.
I was worried about Greg being huge because of the same trend. He was tiny. Then I bought tons of little stuff for Josh because I thought he'd be tiny. Nope. So you can relaaaax, you'll be okay. Babies grow to be the size that their DNA tells them to be. I guess you can pray for that. Good luck! So close!
Post a Comment