When we were at the dentist in December (getting our new toothbrushes that Jeramy just threw away, remember?) Our dentist showed us on the x-ray that Lindsay was pretty dang close to losing her first tooth. We oohed and aahhed as he wiggled it, and then quickly forgot about it.
Monday after school, Lindsay said, "Mom, my tooth really hurts!" So I asked which one and she showed me and holy cow - it was way loose! She got excited. She insisted on an apple for a snack to help get her tooth out. I quickly sent a text to her dad letting him know that he needed to go in aggressively from the first tug and it would probably come right out.
After dinner, Jeramy marched her up to the bathroom. I heard one "ow" then two "ows" then they came downstairs. Lindsay can tend to be a bit...sensitive, so I figured he gave up.
Nope.
She came down with tooth in hand, looking a bit shocked and confused.
Her sisters were more excited than she was. Maddie sat down with her and composed this letter for the tooth fairy:
The tooth fairy let them know that she takes the teeth and makes pixie dust with them.
In the morning, Lindsay packed her dollar and the letter around everywhere with her until it was time for school. Then said said, "Mom, my smile looks weird."
When she got home from school, I asked if she told everyone. She said no. I was surprised that she didn't shout it from the rooftops.
And then I thought about Lindsay.
She has to have her hair perfect before she leaves the house.
Clothes matching.
She really really cares about her personal appearance.
And...
I think she doesn't like how it looks not having a tooth, so she's hiding it.
It's going to get a lot harder to hide when she loses those front teeth!
Hopefully, she gets used to it, 'cause it is pretty cute.

1 comment:
I am so grossed out that the Tooth Fairy makes pixie dust out of people's teeth.
Post a Comment