I found a pattern on Pinterest for how to make doll diapers. Macie and I went to Hobby Lobby and bought some felt. I let her pick out 4 sheets of it. (You'll notice she bought Lindsay a zebra print one. Lindsay is obsessed with zebra print). We came home and I made diapers! Lindsay squealed with delight when she saw what they were.
I wish I had used the video camera instead of just the camera, they were so excited. At first I just gave them each a baby and a diaper and didn't show them what to do. It was so funny to watch them try to figure it out. Once I actually showed them how, they caught on pretty darn quick. Macie surprised me by how good she got at doing it, and hers never fell off either.
Lindsay was pretty disappointed that I only made 4 diapers. "That's not enough!" The girls played all afternoon with them, changing poopy diapers about every 2 minutes. They each found a diaper bag and packed it with all the necessities.
Lindsay came over to me at one point and said, "I'm a way better mom than Macie. I paid $50 to get pictures taken AND I paid $1000 for lots of baby stuff for her." I nicely explained that spending money doesn't mean you love your baby more or less. She walked away - I thought feeling like she'd learned a valuable lesson - but no. She walked over to Macie and said, "I'm a better mom than you because we're going to McDonald's and I'm going to buy her a happy meal." (I never buy them happy meals). Macie says, "Well, we're going to Chick-Fil-A and we're going to play on the toys, too!" (We don't usually let our kids play on the germ pits- I mean toys - at restaurants).
At least now I know what it takes to be a good mom...lots of money, happy meals and playing on the toys. Oh, and $1.00 worth of felt and vel-cro.
Friday, February 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Eh, babies don't need anything but diapers.
(Are you going to let them change real ones?)
You'd better make Hazel some diapers. So cute. Good luck getting them to change real messy diapers!
Post a Comment