Sunday, February 19, 2012

Valentine's Day (?)

I think you all know that I love to celebrate holidays with my kids.  I try to make them fun and exciting for them.  This year, Valentine's day snuck up on me.  As in, the night before around 10, I realized I hadn't done anything and I was way too tired to go to the store.  I even told the girls that I hadn't done anything (They were still up because of the bed situation, which I'll blog about later).  They said that was fine.
But...morning came and I think they were quite surprised that I was telling the truth.  I had done nothing.  They were bummed.  Especially since they had all made me about a million valentine's AND let me sleep in and made their own breakfasts.
So, after getting Macie off to preschool, I made a mad dash to the store (in the 35 minutes I had until Lindsay's class party) and bought each of them a little box of chocolates and a pack of gum AND these massive cupcakes for dessert.  I also ordered a heart-shaped pizza for dinner.
The girls were all excited with their little box of chocolates and gum when they got home from school.  Then Jeramy got home from work.  He had got them each a larger box of chocolates.
 Way to steal my thunder, Jeramy.
Just kidding.  It was sweet of him to get them something.
 I redeemed myself with my amazing dinner - we ate by candlelight no less.  Heart shaped pizza, heart shaped relish tray (which Lindsay quickly pulled over to her and ate pretty much the entire thing), heart shaped ash trays filled with ranch (all right, they aren't really ash trays, but Jeramy said that's what they looked like and now when I look at them, that's all I see) and massive cupcakes (that 4 days later, they are still eating).  It ended up being a pretty great Valentine's Day!
That last picture is of our door.  For Maddie's birthday, her activity days leaders put hearts all over the door.  It looked so cute with my heart wreath that I left it up for the holiday.  Thank you, activity day leaders, you totally made her day!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Oh brother, Jeramy. Who has a heart-shaped ash tray?

Way to pull it off! Cute pictures, as always.