Jeramy finally decided it was time to start preparing for the baby. I've been patiently waiting for his moment of "oh my gosh, we should probably put the crib up." It came this past weekend. We decided we should buy bunk beds for the girls' room. So we went shopping. Everyone was so excited to shop for bunk beds - I'm not even kidding. They were thrilled at the thought of having them. 3 hours later, we finally agreed on one and bought it. Got it home. Started to gut the girls' rooms.
Maddie is a bit of a hoarder. I'm a little worried about her future home. She can't throw anything away. She and I argued about what was garbage and what wasn't. It was not fun. At least when I cleaned Macie's room, she could be reasoned with about items that I thought were garbage. "Macie, this paper is all wrinkled, can we throw it away?" "Sure, mom." Every item with Maddie was a battle.
We then sat down and started to discuss who was going in what room. There was immediate tears and yelling by Maddie and Lindsay.
Lindsay, arms folded and feet stomping, "I'm not sleeping in there. I'm sleeping on the bunk bed!"
Maddie, "But that's my room!" (Maddie has had her own room forever and just barely realized she'd be sharing).
And then I told Maddie that her little desk and bookshelf would be moved to the basement playroom.
Oh man.
Bad idea.
She lost it.
It got to the point that she said she was going to run away.
And we told her to go ahead and do it.
She huffed and puffed and tried to find her suitcase.
Then she searched for a flashlight.
Then we told her she wasn't allowed to take any of our food with her.
As all this was going on, I turned to Jeramy and said, "So, do you think she'll leave the cul-de-sac?" And we giggled.
Maddie - who is 9 - refuses to leave our street or go in the road. She says that I don't let her. The truth is, I just want to know where she is going, and I'd be fine.
We really wondered where she would run away to.
Turns out, no where. She got distracted and forgot about it.
So, after hours of tears and fighting, Macie calmly said, "I'll sleep with the baby."
And that was that.
Problem solved.
Until Jeramy opened the box for the bunk beds and he didn't like it. And all the rooms and beds were already torn apart.
And it was late.
And the big girls realized they'd be sleeping on the floor - on their mattresses.
More tears.
Oh, the drama.
Sweet Macie knew I was getting close to losing it and she turned on the charm. She'd come in to the room and just say, "I love you, Mom. You're the best."
It's now Tuesday and our house is still torn apart. There are 2 bed frames in my front room blocking the door, so if you come over today, I won't be able to answer the door - it's blocked.
And if you see Maddie sitting on the curb by the mailbox with a suitcase and flashlight, smile and wave, but don't feed her. We really do love her and want her to live with us.
2 comments:
Oh the drama! I have a hoarder like that! Drives me crazy! Good Luck!
I guess it's a good thing w moved
Post a Comment