Tuesday is laundry day for me. This past Tuesday with the Valentine's Day drama, I didn't do laundry. So, Wednesday rolled around - which is bathroom day - and I decided I'd better skip the bathrooms and do laundry. So I did. I did laundry all day. I also worked on the girls' rooms, did the dishes and when I put my last load on laundry in the dryer, I decided I was still doing good and should mop the kitchen. I sent Lindsay up to get me a wash cloth from the bathroom ( I don't own a mop, I always just do it by hand). She comes running down and says, "Mom, there's water everywhere!!!"
And then I remember.
And I'm mad,
and I know it's my fault.
About an hour before, we had all been outside enjoying the sun. Macie came in to use the bathroom and let me know that it wouldn't flush. I told her it was fine and I'd fix it later. It usually will "work it's way out" and be fine, so I left it alone. (And forgot about it). Lindsay used it and came down and said, "Mom, the toilet won't flush." I said I'd fix it in a minute. Then, apparently Maddie used the bathroom and she was the straw that broke the toilets' back. BUT, she claims she didn't notice anything unusual. And this is when I say, "So, there was poo floating in the toilet and you still just went?" Apparently so.
I ran up to the bathroom and said a bad word.
I never do that.
All 3 girls quickly and quietly went in their room and shut the door.
It was 5:15. Jer gets home at 5:30, so I called to see where he was. He was still at work.
I was so mad!
As I started to explain the situation, he laughed.
That made it worse.
I hung up and started to plunge, but the poo water was sloshing out around me and making me dry heave.
I got a bowl and started scooping water out, and carrying it to the other bathroom.
Sick.
Jeramy called to see how it was going. I'm pretty sure I yelled something like "I'm covered in poo water, how do you think it's going???" And hung up. .
I finally got it plunged and working again.
(The girls kept opening the door and peeking. They asked if it was fixed yet. I yelled back, "NO, there's still poo on the floor!!" Then they didn't open the door again).
7 towels later, I got the water off the floor.
Then I started to clean/disinfect the floor.
There's a reason I haven't been cleaning the bathroom floors for a few weeks.
It's called this massive watermelon in my stomach.
I almost got stuck in between the toilet and the tub.
I get the floor done, then clean the toilet, then the sink.
And the minute I put all of this in the washer, Jeramy walked in.
Perfect timing.
I scowled at him and said, "I'm getting in the shower, you're in charge of dinner."
He laughed again.
I had a shower and changed.
He had Maddie make dinner.
I was ticked all night.
Ticked at the kids, ticked at me, ticked that Jeramy was at work.
BUT, once I calmed down, I realized how grateful I was that I hadn't cleaned the bathroom in the morning like I'd planned. I would have been twice as angry knowing I'd already cleaned the bathroom once that day!
And now, I've written a post with the words "poo water" used about a million times. Hope you enjoyed it, and hope that someday I can look back and laugh about it. Just not today.
4 comments:
okay, i dont know if i should tell you this, but i am crying i am laughing so hard! this happens at our house, matt is very thorough in his wiping, and clogs the toliets all the time. Somehow i get stuck cleaning them up.
Thanks for the good laugh!
That has happened here more than once! EWWWW . . . poo water is the worst! And all you can think about is cleaning it as fast as you can! Hang in there! And, Good Luck with the new addition!!!
Wow- I think we both had poo water experiences on the same day!
Maya (the 1yo) decided to clean the inside of the toilet with her hand and a piece of toilet paper. I found her, screamed in disgust, wrestled with her as she fought to stay with the toilet doing her thing. I called David because he was supposed to be home soon and he was still at work, and I am pretty sure I said something like "I'm covered in poo water, how do you think I should feel??"
Weird. It must have been a poo water week.
I almost cried, I laughed so hard.
Post a Comment