Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Worst.Birthday.Ever

(And it wasn't even my birthday). 
For months Jeramy has told me he wanted a Kindle/Nook for his birthday.  Almost daily we've had conversations about which one he wants.  He finally decided on a Kindle.  The night before his birthday I said, "So, do you want me to just go buy your Kindle and wrap it, or do you want to go with me?"
"Decided I don't want to get it right now."
Crap.
No presents for Jeramy. 
On his birth-morning, I had planned to get up and make him muffins.
I didn't. 
I decided to make him an adorable sign for his birthday and go put it on his car at work.  I knew he'd HATE that, so we thought it would be great fun.  He loves to play Hanging with Friends on his phone.  If you're not familiar with the game, here's what my pics are based on.  As we were driving up to his work, it dawned on me that he was probably at lunch, so I called.  He was at lunch...at Chipotle.  We were planning on meeting him at Texas Roadhouse at 4:30 for dinner.  He then realized that he wouldn't be hungry enough for Texas Roadhouse in 3 hours.  We were all a little bummed about that one.  Us girls giggled as we put the sign up, then we went to Grandmas.
At Grandmas, we made Jeramy's famous Chocolate sheet cake.  It wasn't quite cooled off yet, but we had to hurry home to be there when Jer got home from work.  When I got home and went to get the cake out of the car, I found that all of the frosting had slid off, and onto the floor of my van.  So not cool. 
So, I couldn't believe he hadn't called me when he saw his adorable sign on his car, so I finally asked him about it. 
"Huh?  There wasn't a sign on my car."
I was totally thinking he was kidding.  I showed him the pic I took of it and he said, "That's pretty funny, but I never saw it."
It must have blown away. 
Bummer.
We had a late dinner at JCW's.
He then watched TV.
And I pulled weeds.
Happy Birthday, Jeramy!

5 comments:

Matt Bettilyon said...

This is one of the best posts I've read in a while! Thanks for showing us that life isn't always roses and even if you're not ready to laugh about it, letting us (the reader) smile a little bit was really nice of you. Now I feel better that some of my birthdays have been frustrating, angry ones, too.

You rock!

Adhis said...

That's like a lot of "daddy" birthdays around here. I'm glad to know it happens to the best of us!

Christi said...

Yep, that doesn't sound very fun.

But think: it will be easy to top next year, right? (In the good way though, cause it would be pretty hard to top in the "bad" department)

Kristen said...

I've been lame on birthdays before, but the sad part here is that you TRIED so HARD! Aw. Well now that you blogged about it he at least knows how much you care. I'm going to have to show this one to Ben, sorry.

Russ Steele said...

where do I go to see Madie's post card blog?