Saturday, July 16, 2011

Best.Birthday.Ever.

So, I did a little better for Macie's birthday.
She's still all about Toy Story.  Jessie, to be precise.  The only 2 things she asked for was a big bed and a Jessie doll.  We were at Kohl's one day and she saw the Jessie doll and packed it around and insisted I buy it right then.  We came home and wrapped it and every day she would check on it in the closet to make sure it was still there. 
She woke up bright and early so that she could open her presents before her dad left for work. She was thrilled and loved everything she got, especially her Jessie doll.

 I let each of her sisters go buy her something.  Lindsay bought her Beauty and the Beast Squinkies.  Lindsay loves Beauty and the Beast.  Macie does not.  Maddie bought her a Webkin...which Maddie immediately added to her online account.  It's nice to buy presents for those we love, isn't it. 
 Shortly after getting her big girl bed, she came and said to me, "Look, Mom, I have this place now to put things."  Yup.  She'd already learned to shove stuff under her bed. 
 The spoiled little birthday girl was then whisked away by her aunts and cousins for a birthday lunch of her choice.  She chose Del Taco.  They all tried to sway her to something better, but she was persistent and she got her .49 tacos.  She was then taken to Build a Bear where her aunt and cousins bought her a bear and an outfit. 
 I'm pretty sure the cousins really wanted to make a bear, but felt a little old, so they brought Macie.  They had a blast trying on outfits, even though Macie knew exactly what outfit she wanted right away. 
 The birthday girl got to stay at grandma's without her sisters while us other girls went home and made the ultimate Toy Story cake. 
 We then had family over for pizza and cake.  (Picture is blurry.  I'm still using my phone since my camera is gone).
I think that her 4th birthday was a huge success! 
The morning after, she crawled in bed with me, turned and said, "I'll be right back, I need to make sure my big bed is still there."  I also overheard her saying to Lindsay, "I'm really sorry it's not your birthday, Lindsay."  (Lindsay had a really hard time with Macie getting presents). 
Gosh, I love her. 

1 comment:

Kristen said...

My kids need some aunts and cousins to spoil them! Lucky!

Great job on the cake.