My summer to do list showed spending the 4th in Malad, BUT, then I realized all of my siblings would be in the same state at the same time for the first time in a REALLY long time. So, for the first time in 12 years, we spent the 4th in Utah, not Idaho. It was weird to be here. Kind of missed the 6 a.m cannons and the parade.
I'm going to pass of letter "Y" for yard games with friends. We played 10 on the line, and I came in 3rd out of about a million boys. I used to be a pretty decent shot (basketball). Not so much anymore. And the girls had some epic sword fights with their cousins.
When it came time for fireworks, Lindsay was sooooooooo excited to go watch them. She kept threatening her Dad that if he made her miss them, well, you don't want to know what she was threatening. So we get to the fireworks and get all settled in. They start and I look over to see Lindsay huddled up by her Daddy, whimpering.
"What if one gets us?"
She was terrified. She kept asking if we could go home.
When would they be over?
Once it was over and we were walking back to the car, she said,
"So, I was just kidding. I really liked them."
I said,
"Good! They're doing it again and tomorrow night we can sit even closer."
Silence.
The entire Steele family (minus Carly, Ashley, Matt, Cal and Dylan). So glad Rachel brought a boyfriend (that's not family yet) to take a picture for us!
Love my girls. (And their flag shirts I got the day of the 4th for $1.47 each, plus it was buy 2 get one free. $3 for 3 shirts).
I was the last one over for this picture, and they looked so evenly distributed that I wasn't sure where I should go. Front and center always works well for me.
It was a great day!
So glad we were all in the same state for about 14 hours!
1 comment:
Always so brave after the fact.
I love your picture front and center. So much personality! I would have hidden in back and made bunny ears.
Post a Comment