Usually when we go we stay over night and my dad will bring the "nice" trailer. Since we were only going out for the afternoon he just brought the bike trailer. Which means no potty. Maddie was the first to need to go. I told her she'd have to squat. She was fine with it. I drove her on the 4 wheeler to a "remote" area. Look at this picture and see what our options were...
Lindsay was the next to need to go. I had her get on the 4 wheeler and took her to the same place. "Um, Mom, where's the bathroom?" I had to teach her about squatting. I had to help her, and...she got it on her pants...but she didn't know...and she won't ever know, right??
We had a great afternoon. I feel rejuvenated and ready for summer. I am so blessed to have such a great family that loves me and my girls. I didn't have to take the girls out on many rides because their older cousins kept taking them. I got to just sit back, chat with my sister and enjoy the sunshine. (I was later told by each of my kids that Carly is a crazy not safe driver. They prefer Rachel's boring rides).
While we were making dinner, my mom gave Lindsay a bag of ice from the cooler. She said, "Lindsay, why don't you go find holes and put an ice cube in each hole." So Lindsay took the bag and found a hole, put an ice cube in it.
Then stopped, "Grandma, why am I doing this?"
We all laughed. "For fun, Lindsay."
That was good enough for Lindsay. She found hole number 2 - which apparently had a large bug by it and that was the end of that. Lindsay also got brave enough to pet Ellie (the dog).
Grandpa even built us a fire. The girls loved finding sticks to throw on it, and then Maddie took it upon herself to put it out when it was time to go. I think she might have poured about 8 gallons of water on our tiny little fire..better safe than sorry, right?I am so glad that's warming up! Can't wait for a fun-filled summer. Probably time to start working on my bucket list, right??
2 comments:
Yeah would you get your bucket list done!!! I always steal a few fun ideas from it... love ya :)
Warming up? We had 6 inches of new snow at our home Sunday morning!
Post a Comment