Saturday, April 23, 2011

Such a phoney

Spring break was last week. To say we had a boring week would be putting it lightly. We really didn't do anything fun, and it wasn't my fault. Maddie hates to leave the house. Hates it. So, she didn't want to do anything. I kept suggesting things and she'd pitch a fit about it being her spring break and she just wanted to be home.
BUT, I did get her out of the house on one day. I bribed her with pizza at the park if we could go to the gym and Hobby Lobby. She huffed and puffed, but finally agreed.
After the gym, we took our pizza to a new park that we've never been to and had a freezing cold picnic. After we ate, I went and sat in the car and read. The girls didn't last much longer than I did, so we left. We got to our next stop and I realized my phone was missing.
Crap.
I knew it had to be at the park, because I had taken a picture, and talked to my mom while we were there. So we went back. It wasn't on the table. I even checked the garbage.
Crap.
There is a library right by the park, so I walked over and asked if my phone had been turned in.
"Can you describe your phone?"
"Um...it's black. It's an iPhone."
"What is your name?"
I tell her.
"I have black phone here for an Angela." As she holds up my phone.
"Angela is my friend. I was reading an email from her before I lost it."
Librarian eyes me over to see if I'm lying and trying to get this "Angela chic's" cell phone.
I pretty much snatch it out of her hands and run.
Whew. I have my phone.
Crisis averted.
No one had to know.
I start to think about how annoyed Jeramy will be, and all the teasing that will follow. I say to the kids, "Dad's going to be pretty upset that I lost my phone."
Lindsay pipes up in the back, "Mom, let's just keep it a secret."
I. Love. Her.
"Yeah, let's just keep it a secret." Not lie, but not tell. That's all right, right??
We go about our day of shopping and such. No big deal.
A few hours later I get home. As I pull into the driveway, my neighbor runs out.
"Your phone is at the library."
"What?"
"Your phone is at the library. Your parents were just here looking for you to tell you."
I'm still totally confused.
I dial my mom's cell phone. She proceeds to tell me that a girl called my mom's cell telling her that she found my phone and she was taking it to the library. My mom then called Jeramy - who didn't answer- cause that's what he does. He then listened to her message and called my neighbor to tell her to tell me when I got home. My parents worried that I wouldn't know where I left my phone, so they drove the half hour down to my house. I wasn't home. They talked to my neighbor.
So. Everyone (and possibly their dog) knew that I lost my phone.
So much for our "little secret."
I was prepared for Jeramy to tell me to be more careful, etc, etc. BUT, all he said is, "If you had an iPhone 4, it has an app that you can use to track your phone if you lose it."


My husband gave me and iPhone 4 for my birthday.
So now I can lose my phone as often as I want.

2 comments:

Jennica said...

We all have your back. =)

OUR Coop said...

That is awesome! :)