Sunday, April 10, 2011

The family that hides together, stays together...

All morning I've been racking my brain to remember when The Bug came into our family. It's been around for quite a while, but I don't remember ever buying it. He just appeared one day. For the past few months, we've been taking turns hiding The Bug in different places. I'm about 100% sure that Jeramy started it to scare a child. That child in return hid it somewhere else to scare him back, and so on and so on. We usually find The Bug in our shoes or on our pillows. I have found it in my Cricut (with a giggling child standing behind me). Earlier this week, it was "my turn" to hide The Bug, so I put in on the black keys on the piano. Maddie didn't say a word about it when she sat down to practice, but immediately walked over to Lindsay's shoe and put it in.
Lindsay then put it in Macie's boot. When Macie found The Bug, she went up to her bedroom. Came down and said, "Lindsay, you'll find the bug tomorrow when you get dressed."
And it's been 3 days and we haven't found The Bug. Sometimes it takes a while to find. Macie is really good at it. One time she put it in the garbage under the garbage bag. When I changed the bag and saw it in the bottom, I will admit it made me a little nervous.
Maddie hid it in the Christmas tree so that it fell out when we were pulling presents out on Christmas morning.
I'm thinking about baking a cookie with The Bug in it. Gross, eh?
It seems like such a silly thing to do, but the kids love it, and we love it, too! So, go out and buy yourself a creepy little bug and let the good times follow.

3 comments:

Adhis said...

YOU GUYS ARE SICK!

I like it.

Tarina said...

Uh, I'm not sure I'd like this game. I think I'd get scared every time I found the silly bug. Fun though to constantly have something to get each other. You guys do the funniest things. :)

Kristen said...

I like that it's a fly and not a spider! We have a plastic spider that I still don't trust. I just know that one of these times I will THINK it's the toy and then it will bite me and I'll lose a limb. Yeah, flies are good.

(If you're not sure about baking it, you could always freeze it in an ice cube.)