It doesn't seem to matter if church starts at 9, 11, 12:30, 1:30 or even 2:30...Sundays are stressful trying to get everyone and everything ready for church. I usually lay out every one's clothes the night before and have the church bag totally ready the night before. This past Saturday, I forgot. I sort of panicked when I woke up, but I got everyone ready for church freakishly fast when the time came to get ready, and then I looked at the clock. I still had 40 minutes until church started. Wow. What to do...what to do? I made myself some oatmeal. I never eat before church - not that I'm a "fasting fool" but because I run out of time.
As I sat and ate my oatmeal one bite at a time (thinking how much I hate oatmeal with every bite) I decided that I was victorious over this Sunday morning. I feel like the score around here is Sunday mornings a billion wins...Heidi 1 win. I'll take it. I even took pictures of my blissfully calm Sunday.
Maddie playing the piano:
Lindsay having a "non-spill-and-ruin-your-dress" snack of granola:

And
Macie coloring - which is what she does 90% of the day. You wouldn't believe how much paper she goes through!

Here's hoping for another victorious Sunday next week!
(did you notice the they all even had their hair curled??)
2 comments:
I was thinking about how cute your girls looked on Sunday. :)
You rock!
I assume that since you were forty minutes early, that I should be starting sooner than forty minutes before church starts? Oh, I'll have to try that. =o)
We're almost always on time, but it's not pretty getting to that point. This Sunday I'll try the Heidi method. Sounds peaceful.
Post a Comment