It was so special to be there this past Saturday for my own little girl! It was so nice to be there with our family and loved ones.
Everything went really well. I'm sure the only thing Maddie will remember is how freezing cold the dressing room was when she got out of the font. She was shivering like crazy. The other mom there had a blow dryer and we took turns blow-drying the girls because they were so cold!
She really ended up having a 3 day birthday. Thursday was the actual birthday. I went to school and had lunch with her (pizza day, wa hoo) and took her class twinkies. Her class has 32 kids in it. Who knew? Not me. I thought I was safe with 30. We went to dinner at Chili's (where no one ate anything) and then to the Stake Center for her baptism jumpsuit fitting.
Friday, the Wakewii's came from Idaho and we spent the night playing games and eating pizza. She got "Just Dance 2" for her birthday and she played it all night!
Saturday was the baptism and luncheon. After that, everyone - except her - took a 2 hour nap.
What a weekend.
(Add sharing time into the mix and a trip to the allergy doctor and sheesh, I'm pooped).
2 comments:
Socks!! HOOORAY!
Did you purposely say "WakeWii's" from Idaho, or was that a slip? I just can't imagine calling my in-laws the WakeWii's. HAHA. But your in-laws ARE super cool, right?
I'm so happy for Maddie. The 3-day birthday sounds wonderful. I hope she'll forgive you for the sandwiches someday. Congrats, Mom! You do good work.
Post a Comment