(This post is an old one. I never posted it, but now it adds to what's going on with my Lindsay, so it's just "back story.")
Thursday when Lindsay got home from preschool she informed me that her stomach hurt. Thought nothing of it because she's the one who always has a stomach ache of sorts. Later that evening she came down with a fever. At bedtime she added achy legs to her list of symptoms. At that point I yelled out "Not it!" Jeramy asked what for and I said, "I'm not getting up when she pukes tonight!" At 1 she came in crying that her stomach hurt. I went and layed with her for a while and talked about this hurting stomach.
Me: Does it hurt when I push here?
Lindsay: Kind of
Does it hurt all the time or off and on?
Kind of
Does it hurt when we roll over?
Kind of
Does it hurt when you go to the bathroom?
Kind of
I love trying to diagnose a 5 year old.
At 4, she came in and said, "Mom, my face hurts!"
I turn on the light and see that her face is swollen again. Crap.
Friday we went to the doctor knowing we'd be told it was her kidneys and we had her prepped to go to the hospital for more blood work. I also had the world's biggest bribe under my hat to get her to pee in the cup again.
We went to the doctor. We were given the cup and Lindsay quietly followed me into the bathroom. I gave her a big hug, she hopped up and did her business. Not a word. Praise the Lord!
Results came back...nothing wrong with her kidneys. No ear infections or strep. Nothing wrong with my daughter (other than a high fever and a stomach ache - oh and swollen eyes and lips). I know that I should be relieved, but honestly - what the heck is wrong with her???
We are going to an allergist next Monday. It's now Monday and she's still complaining that her stomach hurts and she's not eating. Today the fever is back.
(one week later)
We went to the allergy doctor on Monday. He's stumped. They don't have a test for ibuprofen allergies (which is what Jer and I think it most likely is). The only way to find out is to give it to her in a controlled setting and watch and wait. The doctor decided not to this. He said to wait until she gets a fever again and give her Tylenol this time to see if she swells. We also received a prescription for an EpiPen. Yikes. We already have one for the little girl I babysit, but it still kind of freaked me out thinking I might have to use it on Lindsay.
The doctor called us on Tuesday and said he'd done some more research on her symptoms and wants us to bring her in to take the ibuprofen and wait. (keep in mind that the swelling shows up hours after I give her the Motrin). I'm having a hard time convincing myself that I want to go hang out at the doctor's office for the entire day waiting for something that may or may not happen.
Monday, February 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment