For the first time in the history of the Wakewii family I - and I alone - made us - and everyone else - late. Good thing Grandpa had gone up the day before and got the dish set up for the BYU/Utah state game. Once we got there, the men watched the game in the cabin and us ladies cooked foil dinners on the fire outside.
My 18 year old nieces wanted to sleep in my van because "We are adults now and can handle it". I said that was fine, so we took all the seats out and they got real cozy and slept out there. As I was laying in the cabin, I couldn't fall asleep. That's when the "What-if's" crawled inside my head"
I remembered that I was the last one to ride the 4-wheeler and had parked it on a hill right by my van. What if the parking break came off and it rolled into my van and freaked the girls out. What if it wrecked my van? Should I go check? No, I'd wake up the other 16 people sleeping in the cabin.
The girls cracked all the windows and I had food in there. What if a bear smelled it and tried to break in ?
What if they get too cold? What if they are too hot? Do they have a flashlight if they need to go to the bathroom?
And on and on. It was ridiculous. I finally dozed off and was startled out of my sleep by a BEAR outside and screaming...then I calmed down and realized it was someone snoring and someone else wheezing. I was a wreck by then and stayed awake until dawn.
We had a great Saturday! The girls had a blast going for rides with their cousins. Maddie played with Tank, the dog and she was very pleased that her stick was still there. (Thanks, Todd for getting there before us and finding a stick for her and putting it right where she left it). Jeramy and I took Lindsay out for a ride and Jer let her drive...that would be her little thumb in the picture trying to hold down the throttle. She lasted about 1 minute before her hand was too tired. We drove home during the last session and then I took a 3 hour nap to recover.
3 comments:
Thank you dear sister. I have the 'what if's' alot too! You are the best mom and aunt in the world! Love you!!!!
What if??????
What if's are the story of my life. Not the what-if's of the past (what if I had done this instead of that), but the ones of the future. What if my kid did this or what if that happens to them. You get it. Someone call the shrink.
Post a Comment