Last Friday night we went on the Provo River Halloween Cruise. Us Mommas had really wanted to give it a try, even though we'd been told it was lame. So, we put the address in my nifty GPS on my phone (yup, there's an app for that), and found our way in the big city of Provo. Here's my review for you:
1). It was definitely overpriced. My family of 5 was $28 - WITH a coupon. The boat ride itself is only a half hour long.
2) They were super organized, considering the massive amounts of people they were dealing with.
3). The kids LOVED it! Macie is still talking about the pirate that jumped onto our boat!
4). Decorated fun for Halloween, not too scary, so it was great. They had jack-o-lanterns lining the river and the reflections from them into the river was cool to see. It was dark and just creepy enough for us chickens.
I'd do it again, if it were half price. It was fun to be able to do something Halloween-ish with our little girls that wasn't scary.
The best comic moments of the night brought to us by Maddie:
1). Maddie trying to "jump rope" her jacket and face-planting it in the dirt.
2). Maddie thinking Jeramy was hiding in the bushes and her yelling, "Dad, knock it off, I want to get in the van!" I told her it wasn't her Dad rustling around, so we had to investigate and we found a HORSE! A real one...behind a fence. She was a little freaked out, and embarrassed.
3). When I told Maddie what we were doing, she said, "Should I go get our life jackets?" I said that we wouldn't need them, and she huffed and puffed about boat safety. When we got there and bought our tickets, they said, "Children under 12 need to go over and get a life jacket out of the bin." Maddie immediately said, "See, I told you." Rules, schmules.
No comments:
Post a Comment