What has 440 feet, 440 eyes, 2200 wiggly little hands, and 220 chatty little mouths?
Give up?
Our Primary.
Our primary has 220 children from the ages of 18 months to 12 years.
I love our primary.
Really, I do.
I've been in Primary for many, many years in many, many callings.
About 4 months ago I got released from Primary and for the first time in over 5 years, I went to Relief Society. I went to Sunday School and sat by my husband. I loved it.
Then 3 weeks ago, I was asked to sub for the pianist in Primary. As I sat in there and played and watched all these kids and all of the amazing leaders, my heart ached. I missed Primary.
Apparently the Lord knew I needed to go back to Primary. I am now the 1st counselor in the Primary Presidency. I am so excited to be back serving the children in our ward!
My brother sent me this youtube video/song in honor of my new calling. Couldn't figure out how to get it to just play here, but if you have 3 minutes and want to jam out to the Primary Jamboree, go for it!
Friday, October 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I was in the primary presidency for three months. Just long enough to get the hang of it. And then our wards changed and I went into Young Womens. Don't get me wrong, I love YW, but I got to see just enough of primary to know what I'm missing out on. Maybe next time? I'm very happy for you. It's good to be where your heart is.
I think all most all of my callings have been in primary as well. Well except for now. I am the YW sports directer. Yes, one who knows nothing about sports. :)
OK- so today I was driving and this post came to my mind. And I realized... I do not have enough handouts for trick-or-treaters this year!!
Post a Comment