Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fishers of men

Sunday morning Maddie came in and said, "Mom what do the scriptures mean when they say 'fishers of men'?" We were running late and I told her we'd talk after church.

Monday morning, she lugged her scriptures into me and said, "Look mom, I found that fishers of men scripture." I said "Good job! Now go brush your teeth." And made a mental note to plan FHE around that scripture. Then I forgot.

I just went in to clean up Maddie's room and found this hanging on her wall:


Here's what it says:

Jesus did lots of miracles like five loaves and two little fish, 10 lepers, waves "peace, be still", blind man see and more. Learn about them and thank Heavenly Father and Jesus. What miracles did he do for you? Do miracle to others and Jesus did in St Matthew 4:19 it says, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."

Maddie's old primary teacher wrote me the sweetest note about how much Maddie knows and I was quick to tell her that it's all Maddie, not me. This pretty much proves it. Poor kid had to go "fishing" for her own knowledge. I suppose I should stop writing this post and go teach my child.

3 comments:

Adhis said...

wow

That is amazing and inspiring.

Kristen said...

She's all ready for her next talk in primary.

Jen said...

Wow. Your kid is more spiritual/thoughtful than I am.