Friday, June 18, 2010

FHE for this week

Jeramy bought a book with 21 easy hikes for families. For FHE this week, I thought we'd tackle 2 of them. The first was Temple Quarry trail, a paved .40 mile walk and then Lisa Falls a .20 mile walk that I used to do in high school, so I knew the girls would be fine. We read the directions, but somehow ended up on the wrong trail. Instead we did a very rocky and somewhat steep 3 mile round trip hike to this little lake...



I was planning on 2 easy hikes, so I left Macie in her flip flops and a dress. I packed us a large picnic dinner, which got heavy really fast on our hike up. Jeramy enjoyed teasing me about our "Picnic Feast" of sandwiches, chips, broccoli, carrots, capri-suns and pudding. I even packed him a coke to which he said, "Why not just water, we're hiking?" And for the millionth time I said, "Because we weren't really supposed to be hiking, we were supposed to be taking a leisurely walk."

The girls were troopers for the most part. We took turns packing Macie. Lindsay freaked out about any little bug that crossed her path on the trail and she refused to sit on the ground to eat dinner. She also let me know about 20 times that "This is not the hike you said we'd do. This doesn't count as my lesson. I get to do a lesson next week with NO hikes!"


We'll see how many more of these "easy" hikes we can get them to do!

3 comments:

J. Doug said...

Cool book. What is the name and author?

And Lisa Falls. That is the best! Remember when we did it?

Kristen said...

Oops.

Jen said...

I second the request for a name and author! I'm always looking for easy "hikes," and they're surprisingly hard to google.