"Why didn't you take your phone?"
"Because I was in a meeting."
"Well, I couldn't find our shovel. I know you were using it the other day. I looked everywhere for it. Someone must have stolen it."
"I left it by the barbecue grill."
"It's not there."
"Sorry."
End of story. I didn't lose too much sleep over it. I highly doubted some crazy man came along and said, "Ohhh, a shovel....think of all the things I could dig with it....I could smack people on the head, then bury them...I'd better take it."
Today I went outside with the girls and noticed this:
All right, I probably wouldn't have found it, either.
But at least now we don't have to worry about some crazy person out there with our shovel.
4 comments:
That scenario totally happens at our place!
"Where is the camera?"
"In the office."
"I looked; it's not there."
"You looked on the desk?"
"Yes. I looked everywhere. It's not there."
(Big sigh from me as I go upstairs to the office.)
"Here."
"Where was it?"
"On the desk in the office."
"Oh."
I'm most confused when he asks about something that we use regularly and that is always where it has been for the last 5 years. So weird.
Have you ever been wrong before though? A few times I have insisted it was in a certain place but then I go there, all annoyed, and it's NOT there and then I remember where I moved it to. Come on ladies, admit it.
Or not. Maybe it's just me.
The same thing happens at our house, but in reverse. Brit is the only one that can find anything, ever. Maybe it comes with the territory of taking care of the rest of the house?
Post a Comment