Friday, June 11, 2010

Trekkies....

Not that kind of trekkie, although I have watched a wonderful documentary called "Trekkies". This kind of trekkie is what I'm thinking about today:

I was just cruising through old pictures and found these from August of 2002. I was 3 months pregnant with Maddie when we did this trek at Martin's Cove with my sister and her family. It was hard and I learned a lot - like that I would have been a terrible pioneer. I remember being all alone (everyone left the slow pregnant lady in the dust) looking around at the nothingness, and feeling very overwhelmed. Thinking about being a pioneer and being pregnant on the trail and not having a doctor - or an epidural - to help me. I can't imagine the faith that the pioneers had!

(The youth in our ward are on trek right now. I've thought a lot about them. I hope they have a great time!)

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

That was the crappiest month of MY life for sure.

Anyway that's SO cool that you did that. A good dose of perspective is all we need sometimes huh. I love those pictures.

We did a mini trek when I was 16, with our stake. I had a guy ask me out because I was the only girl who wasn't wimping out. At first I thought it was for my dashing good looks. Bummer.

Robin said...

I can't wait until we go in July. You look so young. Our clothing has to be a little more rustic. NO JEANS,Jewelry & Sweatshirts. Don't forget to ask lots of questions.