Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cross off # 4 and half of # 11

See this well-hidden blue bag by my garage door? Doesn't look all that important, does it? It looked so um important that both Jeramy and I walked right past it twice on our "final check" before we left for the ward campout.
Bedtime rolled around and I couldn't find said bag. Said bag held ALL of our jackets, p.j.'s and toothbrushes. It was a chilly night and Macie cried that she had to sleep in her clothes. Other than that, the ward campout was a total blast! I had said that I wanted to pack light, just not that light!
I did dutch oven chicken with potatoes for dinner - which was pretty good - if I do say so myself. Then I did an apple cobbler for dessert - which was pretty good also. It was WAYYY too much work though and I won't be doing that again anytime soon. It's way more fun to do my dutch oven cooking in my garage.
The highlight of the trip for me was Bro Fralick and our new neighbor Ben playing their guitars. Made me wish my hubby still played!
I had promised Jeramy that we would go hike Timpanogos cave when we got home, so I grumbled and complained and we packed up all the girls and headed up the canyon. FREE canyon day...yipee...all tours of Timp sold out...yipee...I mean BUMMER! We drove up to Tibble Fork Resevior and took a little hike. Lindsay lasted about a tenth of a mile and I had to take her back to the car. I guess Maddie fell down about a tenth of a mile after that, so they turned back, too. Jeramy finally admitted that maybe Timp with 3 little kids that didn't sleep much the night before wasn't such a great idea. All 3 were asleep before we got out of the canyon.

So I'm going to cross off half of "hike timpanogos cave" because we tried.

7 comments:

Adhis said...

Um, hello??? Since we didn't go to the ward campout, it was not supposed to be fun!

bummer...

Soccer Mom said...

I don't think I would take three little girls on the Timp Hike enough sleep or not!!! It is a GREAT hike but better done with just you and Jeremy so you won't be worrying about the girls!!!!!

OUR Coop said...

Hey when are you guys going to the Manti pageant? I want to head up there. There is a camperworld in montpelier and that is about 30min from pageant so we will probably camp there then head to the pageant. Maybe we could meet up or something.

Adhis said...

OK, so if you cross off half of 11, does that mean you now must find two "perfect parks" with no swings and lots of shade?

Kristen said...

That "crossing off half" is really getting to me. I admire your efforts and I think you can even count it as a cross-off. But to mark it half means that it might be a to-do or it might be a done, but not quite either. It's in a standstill. This is why I don't make lists. It's really getting under my skin and I'm going to have heebie jeebies until you commit one way or the other.

=o)

Heidi said...

Celeste,
I"ll let you know. That's the camperworld we stay at when we go, I'd love to break some rules with you there!!

Janet said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun!
We are going to try the Timp Cave hike on Saturday, I am a little nervous!