Saturday, April 10, 2010

.Happy Birthday to me

I am now 31.
I'm speechless.
I've thought and thought all week what to blog about for my birthday blog. I started a list of 31 things I learned this past year, but couldn't come up with 31 things. I think I came up with 10, one of which was how to zest a lemon. (And I guess I could now add to that list that I can rescue pickles in a pickle).
My birthday present.
On Saturday Jer needed an oil change and I needed to get my car inspected, so we drove both cars over and had the work done while we went to lunch. When it was done, I begged him to take the girls so I could make a few stops on my way home. He agreed. I enjoyed a blissful hour of shopping without kids. Ahhh...
When I got home I was told that they went for a walk. A walk? Really? That's so not Jeramy. Then there was a conversation with Macie about rabbits and Maddie quickly "shushed" her. That's when I knew something was up. Laying in bed that night I said, "So, I'm not sure where you went or what you did, but I know it involves rabbits." Jer just laughed.
Monday the girls and I went to Robert's and I was drooling over the Cricut Expression and Maddie said, "Mom, aren't those cool, don't you want one?" (Everyone in the world knows I want one). Lindsay quickly said, "Maddie, you're not supposed to say anything!"
And then I got it.
Tuesday morning there was a large box on the kitchen table wrapped in Christmas paper. Jeramy had already gone to work, so I knew I had to wait to open it. Around 11, he called and said that I could open it since the snow had ruined my plans of lunch and shopping in Layton with his mom. Surprise, it was a Cricut Expression! I was so excited, and so were the girls. They no longer had to keep secrets. Maddie immediately went up to her room and came back down with 3 Cricutted rabbits. Jer told me that the lady at the store had made the girls each a rabbit, but they had to hide them from me.
We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner where I proudly told them I was 21 and holding. Then Lindsay and I went to the mall.
I had a great day! Thanks for all the birthday wishes!
Here's hoping that 31 is lots of fun. So far so good.

4 comments:

Tarina said...

How fun, I want one of those too. My sister has one though so I guess if I'm in desperate need I can use hers :) Isn't it great getting older? don't tell anyone I'll be 32 in Sept.

Adhis said...

The 30's are GOOD!

Welcome!

Kristen said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you. It's lots and lots and lots (and lots) of fun. And if you want to go REALLY big, you can get a 12x24 mat and make 18" paperdolls. SWEET! And with the software, you can make 24" if you don't mind their hands being cut off. =o)

I can't say this for MUCH longer, so I just have to: I'm still in my 20's. =o)


I love kid secrets. They did a pretty good job!

Amannda Ashby said...

Sounds like you had a very happy birthday. I love it when our husbands get something that they know you will just LOVE, and how they try hard to keep things a surprise whith kids involved. What a fun day. Happy Birthday!