So, I received many comments about what a mean mom I was for not letting people sign Maddie's cast. I finally gave in and sent her to school with a Sharpie 3 days before she got it off. She was
sooo excited! "Mom, there was this huge group of people waiting to sign it at recess!"

And this is the look she gave me when I had the nerve to say I wanted to take a picture of her cool signed cast.

She finally gave in and let me take a few.

This would be the cast coming off. I will admit, I was a little freaked out about this
blade right next to my child's
skin. She was super brave though!

And the cast is off! I was totally surprised when the nurse asked if she wanted to keep it and she said no. Maddie keeps everything. I mean EVERYTHING. I asked why she didn't want to keep it and she said, "Mom, why on earth would I want to keep a smelly old cast?"
She has to wear a brace for the next week, just to ease her back into having 2 arms, but other than that, she's good to go!
(And a huge thank you to Mom and Dad for meeting me there and waiting with the little girls in the waiting room. I'm sure the blade would have freaked them out even more than it did me!)
2 comments:
Yea it's off! Does her arm look all scrawny? I love your spring grass by the way... very cute. I want a blog post on all of your new projects with your expression! Yea Jeramy!
I thought the glare was because of the recycle sticker. I really did.
I'm proud of you for becoming a nice mom in just the nick of time.
Post a Comment