Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Itsy bitsy spiders

Remember that awesome FHE I did about Moses? Remember that I cricutted bugs for Lindsay to throw at everyone? Those bugs keep showing up and freaking me out! Just when I think I've found them all and thrown them away, one more pops up in a spider-like habitat. (ie, basement, corner, by the french doors, under a large toy that I usually don't move).



I think I've also mentioned that our garage is a Black Widow summer resort. I think we found about 6 last summer. We've sprayed and find lots of dead spiders now, but I'm still a little leery of what is lurking in my garage.



You can imagine my fear when I found this on the steps into the house:


It's black. It's just the right size of our black widow guests. It's way too close to my house.


Oh wait, it's just another FHE spider. So instead of picking it up and throwing it away, I just leave it there and for the next 3 or 4 days, every time I go out or in, I look at it and have that little "jump" in my stomach thinking it's real.


Why didn't I pick it up? Good question. If you know why, let me know.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Well what if you go to pick it up and it IS real? WHAH I just gave myself goosebumps. We have plenty of toy spiders around the house and I can't pick them up without poking them with something first. I just KNOW I'm going to be fooled someday. So that's why. Subconsciously you're as paranoid as I am.

That was a cool picture.

Adhis said...

That's an FHE spider???

It would fool me and creep me out too! Get some pliers and throw that thing away!! I couldn't handle that type of startle every time I opened the door!

Kristen said...

Heidi, I believe you won't have to think very hard the next time you want to get even with Adhis.

Heidi said...

so funny, kristen! I actually thought when i read her comment, "I should go spread them all over her porch and scare that baby out of her."

Adhis said...

Hm. :/