Friday, January 22, 2010

What I've been up to...

This really should be a post for my Craft blog, but who really checks that one anymore, anyway? I've been busy the past few weeks "crafting." Jeramy is really getting tired of all my "junk" all over the house. I keep telling him to get rid of the treadmill that doesn't work so I can have my own room, but he's just not ready to say goodbye to our old friend yet.
I've discovered FLOWERS! I'm having oodles of fun making these layered flowers, in fact, the first picture I used felt left over from my potato project. I haven't been brave enough to wear the headbands myself, but the girls have worn them and they look pretty cute. Oh wait - I did wear the green one to the Jazz game the other night. I kept waiting for Jeramy to ask why I was wearing one of the girl's headbands, but he never did. :)
And this is the potato that I almost lost all my fingers on. (Apparently, he lost his arms somewhere between me setting him up and me getting the camera). The girls haven't played with it much. :( My mom said that maybe it's because of the traumatic memories tied to it of me jumping around the kitchen in pain. Maybe.


And this project will be the death of me. I want to make washer necklaces for Girl's Camp. I bought my stamping kit and the "R" doesn't work. Can't very well stamp "courage" without an R. So I've been practicing words without "R" in it. I'm getting much better. I only mess up on every other one I try now - not every single one. And the washers I'm using are HUGE. They are all I could find for now that weren't galvanized steel.



And my glitter hearts. I heart my glitter hearts. They look sooo pretty in the light! Thanks to my mom and dad for helping with this one!
And yesterday I made my first table runner. The color is totally off in this picture. Apparently my kitchen is dark in the morning. It's not done yet. I tried to do the binding on my own and well, it needs a lot of TLC, but it was fun to try and I'll be doing a new one each month for the holiday. Thanks to Kerry and Amy for teaching me this fun new craft.



8 comments:

Lyns said...

You are awesome! Really. I feel like I've been inspired. I love the table runner and the flowers are adorable! I need to go make Ava some. You go girl!

Mandi Ward said...

Wow, you are going crazy. It all looks wonderful. Wish i had some of that in me. Maybe next year if my schedule isnt as busy.

Jennica said...

They are very cute!

Adhis said...

I used to check the craft blog but there weren't any updates... :(
I guess you posting them on here saves me a click though. Thanks!

I like what you've been doing! I was trying to think of synonyms for courage that have no R, and came up with bRave, not cowaRdly, and lion-heaRted. I'm so helpful. Luckily there's this site:
http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/courage

I like the green headband. Is that with beads? I would wear these! And I bet Marcella would wear these!

Marie said...

cute, cute, CUTE!!

Kristen said...

CUTE! That table runner wasn't as easy as you made it sound. You have surpassed my sewing abilities, I believe.

I bet your girls would play with the potato at church. Kind of like those quiet books?

Keep the crafts coming! Love 'em!

Jess and Jen said...

Cute stuff! Makes me want to get a sewing machine!... Not really but looks like fun. I have been looking for a cute flower headband, never thought of making one!

Amy said...

Darling! Love the headbands!