Monday, January 11, 2010
A fortunate group
Friday night we couldn't decide where to go for dinner. We all argued for about 45 minutes and we could not all decide where to go. Jeramy and Maddie finally won and we went and tried a Chinese place that Jer eats at with the guys from work. I'm not a huge fan of Chinese, but I will admit, it was pretty good. We ordered a "Family Feast" which wasn't really a "feast," but enough to feed my little family of picky eaters (including me). They gave us 3 fortune cookies and we gave them to the girls. This is what our girls' fortunes were:
Maddie "A new relationship is about to blossom. You will be blessed."
Macie "New financial resources will soon become available to you."
Lindsay "You have a strong instinct to take care of people you love."
Well, at least Lindsay's was right.
Maddie was pretty bummed that Jer and I didn't get one. Today when she got home from school, she was pretty excited and said, "You won't believe what I have for you in my pocket." She then pulled out a fortune cookie. "Mom, they had orange chicken today for lunch with a fortune cookie, so I brought mine home for you." Awwww. How sweet is that?
So, just so you know, I will be finding happiness in mind and heart. (Too bad it doesn't say when I will be finding this treasure).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
You will find happiness in your arms if you look down when you hug those sweet little munchkins.
Chinese Proverb says "Enjoy the Journey"
She BROUGHT you happiness in mind and heart.
That's cute! Does anyone ever eat those cookies? I think they keep making them because people like the fortunes. We always toss the cookie!
ps - My blog misses you.
Post a Comment