Saturday night I was hard at work making this. I was having a great time sewing and hot gluing to my little heart's content - then my glue gun threw up on my fingers and I found myself running around the room screaming in pain. The girls were very concerned and kept saying, "mom, what happened? what's wrong? why are you doing that? mom...mom!" Until I had to yell the "words-we-don't-say-in-our-house"...."SHUT UP! I burned my fingers". It was then that Jeramy suggested cold water, which I did. It hurt worse. I sat there with the cool water running over my fingers and I tried to peel the hardened glue off my fingers -surrounded by 3 curious little girls - and I wanted to cry.
I ended up with 4 pretty good sized blisters on my fingers. It was a painful night and I kept ice on it for 7 hours straight. I worried about playing the piano at church on Sunday. I struggled to wash the dishes with one hand. I couldn't get my pants unbuttoned without some serious pain. It was a hard night.
And then I thought about Nie Nie. She has been such an inspiration in my life for the past few months as I've followed her blog. A little over a year ago, she and her husband survived a plane crash in Arizona. She was burned over 85% of her body. Her blog makes me cry, laugh and be grateful for what I have. My sad little fingers were only what - like .0002% of my body, and I thought I might die. I thought about this post of hers. So, grab a box of tissues, and read the NieNie Dialouges. Right now she is in the hospital again having some serious surgeries done and her husband is writing for her.
My little blisters are getting better. I will probably survive this ordeal - in fact, I've already pulled out the glue gun twice since the "incident." It was just interesting to me how it put things into perspective a little more.
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
good perspective- thanks for sharing
Gratitude goes a long way. Thanks for the reminder.
And CUTE potato head! I want to see a photo of yours. =o)
I hope your fingers recover soon. Even with perspective, it still hurts.
I love the Nei Nei blog!
Love the potatoe head idea. I may have to try it myself. I want to see pics of yours when your done.
Hey I need a tutorial on how to find different blogs. Can you tell me? I only know the ones of people I know. How do you find all the other ones?
Yowsers! Once I accidently grabbed the wrong end of the curling iron and burned three of my finger tips-- it hurts WAY bad! If I didn't have ice on it constantly it was on fire, so I feel your pain. Makes you realize how much you use your fingers. Glad your feeling better!
Post a Comment