You know those people who find the face of Christ on their toast, tree, iron, house, etc? Well...
This morning before church I was peeling potatoes. I reached in the bag and pulled out the most amazing thing I have ever seen...it was the largest potato in the world! We all looked at it in awe. And then we realized who it looked like.

It resembled...

Mr. Potato Head. Who'd ya think I was going to say?? The girls had a blast dressing up our potato. Maddie even made home videos of the potato. Then I said, "K, I need to peel him and cut him up for the potatoes tonight." Tears followed. "Can't we just keep it?" I had to be the mean mom and take away their fun toy, shave it's skin off, then chop it into bits, throw it into boiling water and then smash him up with the mixer.

Lindsay and
Macie quickly forgot Mr. Potato Head as they ate their potato beaters, but I bet if you ask Maddie, she's still holding a grudge.
And that big potato pretty much fed our family of 5.
7 comments:
HA! That was probably from us, huh? I tried to weed out the crazy ones, but Ky wasn't as careful. :) But it made me laugh!
I have always loved Mr Potato Head! How could you?
PS I love the skirts!
That is AWESOME! We Idahoans do make the best potatoes!!!!
I would've kept him around for months, until he started getting stinky.
Did he scream like lobsters do when you put him into the boiling water? I would also like to agree with Bo and Nell. Idaho potatoes are the best. I pay more here in North Carolina to get them when they are in stock at the grocery store.
Did you make those skirts the girls are wearing on the pic? way cute! You know I really want to learn to sew. Wanna teach me? :)
Too funny! That's crazy your girls will lick the potato beaters! Good for them, my kids don't touch tators without gravy!
Post a Comment