Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 6

I know I said I'd keep you guys updated, but I've had a not so great week and I haven't felt so much like blogging.
Day 2: I really wanted popcorn. We were watching a movie. Jer gets a text from his buddy Jon that is doing the cleanse too "Dude. I want pancakes. I'm out"
Jer waivers. I am the voice of reason saying, "I spent 50 bucks on all this stuff - you WILL NOT QUIT NOW!" He keeps going.
Day 3: All guys at work quit (the cleanse, not the company) Jer says it is best day this far for him. He does realized one little side effect, he'd cold...all the time. Our house went from a chilly 73 where he likes it to a happy 78 where I like it. I am happy.
Day 4: Still going strong. I'm tired of eating out, and eating outside. I want to COOK. I want popcorn. I want to eat as a family again. I hate this. (Oh wait, this is about Jeramy, not me). Jeramy is doing great.
Day 5: We spend a romantic evening together squeezing lemon juice. (it takes 8 Costco lemons a day to make lemon juice). Still no popcorn. Still not giving up.
Day 6: After breakfast, Jeramy says to me, "Your kids wouldn't be hungry an hour breakfast if you'd feed them something better than cereal for breakfast." I say, "So, you want me to make bacon and pancakes today??" Silence. Silence. Silence. Ummmm....bacon.....
"five days is good, right?"
"Yeah"
"I'm done."
YIPEE!!! I probably shouldn't have thrown the "Bacon Card", eh?
I really can't believe he made it this far. I'm pretty proud of him. I can't believe how hard it was for me! Us girls ate out every day and I'm sooo sick of fast food. Jeramy is a few days away from serious food, but at least we can start eating soups and such again this afternoon!
He's in the shower right now. Here's hoping he doesn't come out and change his mind again!

2 comments:

Adhis said...

And here's hoping he comes out with AT LEAST a towel. Sheesh.

Kristen said...

They all quit? Hmmm I guess I do things differently. Although I wouldn't have committed to that one in the first place.

So is he half cleansed then?