I prepped for a long hike. Tennis shoes for all. Backpack full of supplies. Lots of water. I swear that hike used to be a lot longer than that when I was younger. It took us 10 minutes max. Jeramy was put in charge of the camera because - well - there was water around and I'm known to drop things and such. We were all hiking along nicely. I was holding Lindsay and I said in my best Grandma Jean voice, "Jer, you should be taking some pictures." He said, "Why, are you going to do something impressive?" I said, "You just never.....no!!!" As I totally fall on a log into the river and land on my sweet little Lindsay. If only he'd had the camera out you could have seen it. I was not allowed to hold anyone for the rest of the hike.
Todd and Amy were a great help packing kids, especially Macie. You'll notice in every picture, she's being held by Todd or Amy. After our super strenuous hike, we decided we should go up to the lake and walk around. I have some awesome memories of Girl's camp up there and my mom jumping off the pier. We drive up and find out that you now have to pay $7 to walk around the lake. LAME. Glad Todd was as cheap as us and we didn't go in. He then told us to follow him. We did. He drove us around all these cute little towns and got us to Spanish Fork's new reservoir (Is that how you really spell reservior? Spell check tells me it is, so it must be so). We drive up the hill and see a big sign, "Windfest, $5" Bummer! Todd (being the assertive guy that he is) asked if we can still come in and just go to the reservoir. They let us in without paying. Lucky us! We got to watch all the cool kites and such and play on the toys. We had a great time! We had great plans for more hiking this weekend, but the rain (and master cleanse and the stake baptisms that I had to play the piano at in the a.m. and p.m.) put a damper on the day.
The best part of the day was on the ride home when Lindsay said, "Mom, thanks for doing something fun with us today." As if I don't do cool things with her everyday...
(This post was written while listening to a little Hannah Montana).


2 comments:
Fun! We should hang out next time you want to come to Payson. :)
You could try rezervwarr.
Post a Comment