
Lindsay has had quite the birth week. It seems like her birthday just keeps on going and going. She started the fun off by getting strep throat and an ear infection - yipee! We had to move her party from Sat until Mon. Saturday night she was deemed "not contagious" anymore, so we went for her birthday dinner. She chose McDonalds. 'Nuff said. We then went to Build a Bear. She was very adamant that she get one, even though she has 7 on her bed that my sister gave her. (Hand-me-downs are just not as cool, I guess). Her bear had to have roller skates, too. I spent $12 on roller skates for her bear. I don't even spend $12 on shoes for her!
Sunday, she got to open her presents from us and Grandma at 12:24 p.m. She's been asking for this pizza play food thing since we saw it in July, so I had to get it for her. Lots of little pieces all over my house, yet another Yipee!
Monday she had her birthday party! She wanted to have a Princess party, but 60% of the kids invited were boys, so we opted for a Dora and Diego party. My amazing sister in Washington made the backpacks for the kids. I love them! I added a map to them and we had to go around outside and follow the map to do activities. We had to help Dora find her gold coins, then help Diego save the animals from the river (my pool with no water, but 45 Cricuted animals in the bottom with magnets on them to be fished out). And we had to go in and help find baby Jaguar. (that would be the picture of the kids laying on the ground...no, I didn't drug them all). What party would be complete without a pinata? I made this festive one and the kids had a great time hitting it - and me. We need stronger trees if these pinata fests are to continue.
Monday morning while eating breakfast, Lindsay said, "I can't wait to wear my party hat and eat my cupcakes!" Sigh. Party hats. Macie and I had to make a last minute run to Partyland while she was at preschool. That girl has me wrapped around her finger!
4 things I love about Lindsay:
1) She is my shadow. At times I hate this, but then it is nice to have someone that always wants me around.
2) She is so thoughtful and kind. She calls Macie "Sweetie" and always shares with her. She is very aware of peoples' feelings and emotions.
3) (She is now up on the couch YELLING at me every 10 seconds to come upstairs. She's making this a lot harder than it should be). I love that she is starting to learn things and wanting to learn her letters, numbers and how to write. It's so fun seeing that new spark of interest in her.
4) I love that when she is in a deep sleep, she still moves her mouth like she's sucking a pacifier. She hasn't had a pacifier since she was 2. It's pretty cute, though!
Happy Birthday, Lindsay!
4 comments:
Man, she does have you wrapped around her teeny tiny finger! You're definitely a cooler mom than I think I'll be.
How about "We don't have party hats, sweetheart, we have cool backpacks instead!"
You know the party hats were for YOU. =o)
Happy Birthday Lindsay!
What a cute idea! Those backpacks are darling :)
Happy Birthday Lindsey! That is the cutest idea for a party, how fun! I'm glad my kids don't know what build-a-bear is, yikes!
Post a Comment