Friday, April 24, 2009

Popping necks and the Potty train



Wednesday night I didn't make dinner - gasp! Please don't tell Dr Laura. The girls and I had gone to a birthday party and had pizza, so we were fine. Jeramy started to get a little cranky about the lack of food around 7. So I said that if he would get the kids ready for bed, I would go to Del Taco and bring food home. This is what happened while I was gone.

Jeramy was helping Lindsay get her shirt off and it popped her neck. She said, "What was that, Dad?"

"Oh, just your neck popping." He answered.

Apparently she started to panic and grab at her neck. "No Dad! I want my neck back!" Tears followed. Utter confusion for Jeramy. Then it all clicked. Lindsay has been playing with balloons lately. Balloons POP and are gone. She thought he neck was gone. Glad he got that one straightened out before I got home.



And now for the potty train. Macie - who is only 21 months- wants to get on. I am not ready. Most of you have had this conversation with me, but in case you haven't heard our adventures with the potty lately, here ya go.

Macie hates to be poopy. She wants her diaper changed ASAP when she does her duty. A few weeks ago in nursery she pooped. No one knew, so she took matters into her own hands and took off the poopy diaper. I'm not really sure of all the details, all I know is that I was SOO embarrassed.

She wants to go potty all day long. The other day I had let her try, then taken her off the potty and I went downstairs. I then hear a huge CRASH! I run upstairs to see Maddie pulling Macie out of the toilet and Macie screaming, "No more potty!" She had tried to go on her own and fallen in. BUT an hour later, she was asking to go potty again.

She has never actually performed on the potty. She always asks to get on the potty about 3 seconds too late. Like I said, I'm really not ready for this, so I don't ask her all day if she needs to go - it's always her idea.

So, I'm looking for advice on how to get ME on the potty train, and how to get HER actually using the potty train.

6 comments:

Lyns said...

I never want to be on the potty train again, so I have no idea how to get you on it! Although, if Macey already wants to, you might as well go full force! Good Luck. That is too funny about Lindsay's neck. What a cutie.

OUR Coop said...

My only advice is let her play with the idea. Don't press it for your sake and hers. She will just do it when she is ready. I have done that with both of my kids. And they both just did it on their own in their own time. karleigh is 19 months and asks to sit on the potty now and I am in the same boat as you I am not ready. Since I am still having to change colton at least once a day or more He is just to busy playing to want to stop and go. He waits too long. Anyway long comment Alert~

Jess and Jen said...

That's funny, Kaden did something like that the other day. He kept bringing something up and I told him to drop it and he looked at his hands and said, " I don't have anything in my hands! I can't drop it!" Kids are funny. Good luck with the potty training thing. Ellie did the same thing and I waited until she was 2 1/2. If you're not ready maybe wait?

Adhis said...

Tell her if she doesn't "perform" on the potty, her neck will pop.

Kristen said...

We're all about incentives... call it bribery if you want. One jelly bean for sitting there, 3 if they perform. A handful for mom.

Everyone's happy. =o)

Amannda Ashby said...

Good luck is all I can say. Bonnie wanted to use the potty at 18 months,and I said NO way. I had just finally got Connor usind the potty. However, when the time came that I was ready she no longer was. I can say after months of back in forth forth wiht diaper and underpants. She finally got it. So much of potty training is the child having the oppourtunity to learn the sensation, and then deciding that it is something they want to do. Hey at least she dosen't like being poopy.
Bonnie could have cared less. Like I said all I can really say is GOOD LUCK, and I really mean that. Potty traning is one of those things that I think the Mom probalby ends up learning more about them slef as a Mom when the task is finally complete.