Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The big day

Well, I've heard it's turdy to be thirty and now I know - it is. No, I haven't noticed any major changes in my life thus far into my thirtieth year on the earth. So far so good.
My day started off with a very excited Maddie and Jeramy. Jeramy had decided to take the day off this morning and he was pretty excited about that. Maddie had made me a million cards and had hid them and could hardly get downstairs fast enough to get them out of hiding and give them to me. She also got on the Build a Bear website and turned on the "birthday bear" song and all the girls danced for me. She was pretty bummed about Dad staying home and she had to go to school, so we surprised her and checked her out of school a whole 8 minutes early. She was sooo excited!

We went shopping and to lunch at...McDonalds - not the birthday girl's choice. Gotta start worrying about those arteries and such now that I'm OLD.

We came home and JERAMY (and 3 helpers) made my cake while I hid upstairs and watched Gilmore Girls. (I'm on the last season now). I then cuddled with my Cuddlebug Lindsay for a while, and then we went to Texas Roadhouse. The girls insisted that I go there for my birthday, even though Lindsay said about 10 times today, "Mom, you can't sit on the saddle, you'll break it!" That does wonders for this old lady's ego, let me tell you! Macie wanted her napkin in her shirt, so everyone decided to try it out. When it came time for the saddle, the kind waitress asked how old I would like to be today. I said 22. So she announced it was my 22nd birthday. The table of old (even older than me) people looked over at my 3 kids and MUCH older husband in disgust. Ahhh...keep telling yourself that, Heidi....you look not a day over 18.
We then came home and ate my cake and all blew out my candles. I got to do it twice because I forgot to make a wish the first time.

The night ended, everyone went to bed. I started up the Gilmore Girls - again. I ended at midnight and thought, "Huh. Another birthday come and gone." I started to walk upstairs and I found this note on the floor by my room.

Translation:
Dear Mom We had a fun time with you. Love Madison.
Then it hit me. I am so lucky! I have a wonderful husband who took the day off - even though he is super busy at work right now. He went in many stores that I know he hates and didn't say a word about it. He made me a cake. That is pretty amazing in and of itself. I have 3 wonderful daughters who wanted this day to be perfect for me and did everything in their power to make it so. They danced for me, played songs for me, made me cards, went shopping all day without complaining or fighting, left me alone for an hour during the afternoon, went with their Dad to the bookstore while I went to Target because as Maddie said, "You deserve a break today." They even let me listen to Michael Buble in the car (all of them, even Jeramy who hated every minute of it). What an awesome day!

Well, it is late. Very late. Us old folks have to get to bed early. I just wanted to write down my feelings while they were 'fresh'. Thanks to all who called, texted and facebooked me today - I feel so loved!

12 comments:

Janet said...

Happy Birthday! Your girls are so cute. I love all the notes. And you look great for 30! :)

Adhis said...

Happy birthday! Sorry I didn't wish it earlier. My mind is old and gone, you know. I don't even know how I made it onto your blog. Who are you anyway?

Aubrey said...

Awww! Heidi, that was a sweet post! What a sweet family you have! It made me cry a little :)

Lyns said...

What a fun day! It sounds like a great birthday. Your family was so sweet to take care of you all day! :)

Kristen said...

You know, I always tell myself before my birthday not to expect too much because I'm a mom and moms don't really get a day off. But YOU did! Congrats!

Actually I do usually feel spoiled at the end of the day, so what am I talking about?!?!

But that was definitely some all-out pampering you received. Happy Birthday again!

Jess and Jen said...

Yea Jeramy! Sounds like you had a good one! You look awesome for 30!

OUR Coop said...

You are LuCky!

Kat said...

Happy Birthday. You truly are lucky. You have the sweetest girls ever. :) I hope you enjoyed your break today.

Mandi Ward said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Kids make everything great!

Jennica said...

I am glad the girls and Jeramy took good care of you and that you forgive me!

jill said...

That sounded like such a fun day!! How cute that is that your girls were trying so hard to make that day special for you!! Reading that made me cry a little!! You have the cutest and caring little girls!! Happy Birthday!!

Meredith said...

So I'm glad that I'm not the only baby and wasn't the only one that got a little teary eyed reading the end of this post. Your girls are so cute and Jeramy isn't half bad either ;) I'm glad you had a good birthday!
But I'm not sure that we can hang out anymore, I don't really care to talk to old people. They make me uncomfortable. I never know what to say yknow...