My Grandparents both passed away about 16 years ago, so we went up there. It's so strange to think that I was just a little girl. I can still hear Grandma saying, "Won't you stay for dinner??" And Grandpa outside running from the bees. (shuffle, shuffle, shuffle in his cowboy boots). I'm sure they knew my kids in heaven though. Maddie was quite concerned about me poking holes in the ground - she was afraid I would hit the bodies.
We also took a walk with my Mom over to my old Elementary School. I still can't believe that I used to walk that far as a 5 year old with just one other little boy. Wow, times have changed! The road runs parallel to a canal that we were forbidden to walk home along when we were young. Now Mom encourages the kids to go play at the canal. huh. Times have changed again! She kept trying to get them to walk out on this pipe with her. Neither of them would do it. Smart kids, I wasn't about to jump in and save my kids and my mom!
5 comments:
Mom will always be a kid at heart! I love her so mcuh!
Love the paper flowers! And having to be careful not to poke the bodies so priceless. You Mom is CRAZY! I don't think I would have climbed out on that pipe.
A high school buddy of mine was killed in Afghanistan 4 years ago during the Memorial Day weekend, so this time of year is a little 'weird' for me. I'm so glad you guys told your girls about Memorial Day!
Your girls are not only smart, but adorable and say the cutest things! I am glad you have them recorded...someday they will get a kick out of all the funny things they said. Thanks for always being there for me, you are the best! I am so blessed to have you as my friend.
P.S. You aren't going to believe it...I posted a new blog entry (a small miracle, I know.)
Hey sorry I didn't call. I will call next time. I was with my motherinlaw and neice and nephew and all my kids so it was a bit crazy. But I will definatly call next time.
Post a Comment