Monday, May 5, 2008

Malad

We took a quick trip up to Malad for the weekend. We all had a great time. I got to have a chocolate milk shake at the Dude Ranch. Yes, you heard me right, the Dude Ranch. Jeramy and Maddie got to play Mario Kart on the Wii with Jesse and Grandpa all night. Lindsay got to play with her 2 cousins who are all just about the same age as her. They will all be in the same grade at school
And Miss Macie got to play with her cousin who is only 6 weeks younger than her. The Wakley side has 7 grandkids. Maddie is the oldest, Kaden is 3 1/2, then the 3 girls that are 2, and then the 2 babies. 6 girls and one boy. It's pretty crazy when we are all there, but tons of fun!

I really do love Malad. When we first started dating 10 years ago, I struggled with the whole small-town living idea, but now I LOVE it. If Jeramy could get a programming job up there, I think we would do it. They have cow pie Bingo, restaurants with awesome names like the Dude Ranch that can just 'close' for a few weeks so that the owners can go on vacation, no stop lights, evertthing closes down around 6 on Saturday night, and our favorite - well, besides Jer's family - wide open spaces of nothing. I think it's great, I'm sure some of you are not so convinced.

So, next time the lottery gets high, take a trip north to Malad. It's a nice 2 hour drive from Lehi. Stop at the Dude Ranch for a chocolate milk shake, or the Drive In for a Chicken Bagel. You could even hike up to the "M" if you're feeling adventurous. (Did it once, never again). When you cross the border into Idaho, enjoy the blue Idaho sign. Maddie is convinced that her Grandpa put that up just for her and he bought it at Wal-Mart. Poor kid is going to be really confused in 5th grade when she learns about states.
(I think I should at least get some free potatoes for that plug I just gave to Malad, eh?)

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

I grew up in a town SMALLER than Malad...I'm totally not the small town kind of girl anymore. Have fun with it though :)

Forsyth Family Fun said...

You know I am all about small towns. Save me a lot.

OUR Coop said...

You know me and small towns. No need to convince me. Chad and I were going to move to Hibbard after we got married. His family thinks we are nuts. But none the less every time we go we love it. Maybe someday who knows!

Kristen said...

I love the picture with the bottle buddies! Hanging out with cousins is the best.

You know how I feel about small towns. I guess it's good that not everyone wants to live in them, because then they wouldn't be small anymore! You're always welcome next door to us...

M-n-M said...

there is nothing better than the dude ranch or a chicken strip bagel!!

We would love it if you guys moved closer. I cannot believe how many young couples have moved here in the past 2 years.

When we moved Marshal was gun-ho, and I was freaking out - but now we both love it to pieces.

luv you guys MNM