I finally finished the President Hinckley Challenge! Yes, I am 8 days late, but I did it! I had about 40 pages to go when the deadline hit. The day after, I said to Jeramy, "Well, I'll be upstairs reading the rest of the Book of Mormon." He says, "What's the hurry, you've already missed the deadline." huh. Never thought of it that way...what's the rush now? So every time I sat down this week to finish, I would hear in my head, "What's the hurry?" I have given him a pretty hard time about it, too. BUT, last night I finished it! I read the entire Book of Mormon in 105 days. Go me!Miss Lindsay learned about hands in nursery. She didn't want to take these off, but kept having issues trying to eat. I am so grateful for her Nursery leaders. They are awesome!
I also got released from one of my 2 callings today. I was released from my Compassionate Service calling. This calling was so good for me. It helped me learn that service is for the LORD and that it's all right if you're not the greatest cook in the world - a meal is a meal and is always welcome. In the past 10 months, we've had 20 babies - including myself. It has been so crazy to me how much you ladies have consumed my thoughts and prayers when your due dates roll around! Adhis and Kristen are my next 2 and already I was thinking about you both! I have loved serving you all and seeing others be so willing to serve. On more than one occasion, I would have the thought, "who can I call now to help?" and either a name would come to me, or the phone would ring with someone say, "I would love to take dinner to so and so." I know the Lord was helping me out on this one a TON. No worries Adhis and Kristen, I'm sure you'll be taken care of. :)
7 comments:
Way to go on the Hinckley Challenge, Heidi . . . That's awesome!
So that's the new calling?????? I can't wait to hear. You have been great at meals. Good luck with the next challenge.
Way to go on the challenge. We kind of ran out of steam.
Ow... my stomach... so... hungry...
;)
Good job on finishing the challenge! You are way better than I am. I need to do better though!
Congrats! You are an inspiration to us all. Thanks for all the hard work you put into your calling...I know that compassionate service is a time consuming and challenging calling so I really appreciate all you did!
We just got the same hands today! Zach wouldn't let them near his hands though.
Nicole's in nursery now too. Crazy huh. When I peeked in, she was scooting around on her belly, with her sandals barely hanging on and her hair bow flapping on her forehead. There's only 5 kids in the nursery and two are ours. =o)
Post a Comment