Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


Today I thought I would write about things I love about my Mom. I did one for each year she has been my Mom.
1. I love that she calls me around 10 every day just to chat.
2. I love that she always has a bag of Sonic crushed ice in her freezer.
3. I love how much she loves all 18 of her Grandkids.
4. I love that family is always first.
5. I love that she takes a million pictures.
6. I love how dedicated she is to her calling in the church.
7. I love what a great friend she was to Colleen and all she did to help her. What an example she is to me.
8. I love her cinnamon rolls with chocolate chips in them.
9. I love that for the past 15 years, she has been a Temple Worker at the Jordan River Temple. If you are ever there on a Wednesday night, she's the greeter/receptionist.
10. I love when Mom and her sisters start giggling together.
11. I love that she went out of her comfort zone and has served as a missionary for the Addiction Recovery Program for the church for the last 2 years.
12. I love that she takes a walk every morning, rain or shine.
13. I love that she is a great listener.
14. I love that she hides the fudge under her bed at Christmas.
15. I love that she always knows when I need her.
16. I love that she's friendly to everyone she meets.
17. I love that she can find a great bargain anywhere.
18. I love her hands.
19. I love that she cares for her neighbors. They have lived in the same house for over 40 years and a lot of their neighbors have been there that long, too.
20. I love her "rough camp confidence"
21. I love that she clips articles for me to read.
22. I love that she buys all the new release movies for us to share.
23. I love her house. It's always a comfortable, peaceful place to be.
24. I love that she will jump off the pier at Payson Lake.
25. I love that she takes me and my kids to lunch when we come visit.
27. I love that she loves waterfights.
28. I love playing games with her, Rummy-kub and 31.
29. I love her backyard. The kids can play for hours out there in the sandbox, pool, bikes, trampoline, while we sit and chat.
I asked the girls what their favorite thing was about Grandma Jean. Maddie said that she's nice. Lindsay said her favorite thing about Grandma is Grandpa.
I LOVE YOU, MOM!

7 comments:

OUR Coop said...

you look just like Maddie. Anyhow. So sweet. I love your mom just by reading the reasons you love her. Sweet. Happy mothers day "Boss".

Robin said...

Dotto!!! I love your MOM too... HAHAHA

Robin said...

Ditto I guess is spelled like this, not like on my last post. So much for your uneducated sister.

Kristen said...

No wonder you're so great.

What a cute little Heidi!

Dotto that!

Heidi said...

I guess I need to explain the pictures because my own mother didn't get it. The first one in black and white is my Mom when she was little. The other one is her a few years ago holding my niece Katie.

Kristen said...

Oh I thought the little girl was you. =o) I'm sure you were cute too. Or maybe you're hiding them for a reason. Ha!

How's the BoM challenge coming along?

Anonymous said...

That is such a sweet tribute Heidi!

And thanks for your comment on my blog...you are so nice!!! That made my day :)