Friday, September 12, 2014

4-H

Does it seem like we are always at Thanksgiving Point?
We are.
Maddie and Lindsay participated in the Junior Master Gardening Club/4-H for the summer.  They planted and weeded and learned about gardens every week for 3 hours.  Maddie had a hard time with it because she wanted to be in charge (can you say "Heidi in training").  Her volunteer friends were there helping out and she felt too old to be in it.  Lindsay enjoyed it, but thought it was a bit long.  Macie was super jealous.  She's already counting down for next year when she's old enough to go!  Macie loved going to Harvest Day and picking all the fruit and vegetables.  If you look closely at this bush of green, you will see some tiny peppers.  I picked a few of them and took them to Jeramy.  We broke one open and it didn't smell too hot, so he ate half.  I have never seen anyone dance around quite like that!  His mouth was on fire.  He drank milk, ate chips and water.  HOURS after he ate it, it still burned.  I googled it and I think it might be a Thai Chili Pepper.  One of the hottest peppers out there.  Whoops!

No comments: