Monday, September 15, 2014

Just Lex and me

Days are long without big sisters around.  Lexi watches a lot of TV (just keeping it real, moms, my kids watch TV).  Her favorite movies right now are Lilo and Stitch and Mulan.  We got to the farm to see "her horse" at least once a week.  Her horse's name is Jody, but she calls it Lexi.  That horse is the friendliest animal I've ever met.  She waits right there to be petted all day.  Once while we were petting her she sneezed.  All. Over. Me.  It was so gross to be covered in horse snot.  Lexi said, "My horse needs a tissue."  She sure did!
  
She is obsessed with twirly skirts right now.  Everyday she has to wear one.  If it doesn't twirl, she won't wear it.  While we were at the garden, she had to show the fish how good her dress twirls.
(And I should add, this was seriously like the only day in months that she wasn't wearing a skirt.  It was actually funny to see her in shorts!)  I've been trying to find little things to entertain her while I work at home- so that she doesn't watch TV.  She played with these pom poms and my strainer and her doll for hours!  She also loves q-tips, beads and kinetic sand.  We rotate them each day so she doesn't get bored.
Everyday, she asks to go to Costa Vida for lunch.  I usually only give in once a week.  :)
Naps are a thing of the past.  She goes to bed at 8:30 and gets up between 8-9, depending on how loud her sisters are getting ready for school.  
She eats two eggs AND a waffle AND a protein shake for breakfast everyday and then usually skips lunch - unless we go out.  
I love just having her around.  I can let her wander slowly through a store and not feel a need to rush her.  We can stop and pick up rocks and watch the birds in parking lots.  It's nice to just slow down and enjoy her and everything that she's experiencing for the first time.  

No comments: