I feel like I can handle a lot. I'm fairly tough. A few weeks ago, I was having a very trying day. Things were just not going well and I kind of lost it.
I had a good sob.
I can't even remember the last time I did that. Apparently Lexi couldn't remember that, either. She was quite concerned with my crying. She even climbed up on the table to get me a napkin.
To add to my stress, we were planning on going to Malad for the night, which means I had to pack for 6 people. It was going quite well. I was over my crying fit and getting everything in order. Heck, I even had enough time to get gas and stop at Zupas for lunch before I had to pick the girls up at school. (I had earned it with my break down).
As I packed the car, Lexi climbed in and was happily playing in the van.
She locked the doors, I unlocked them. Whew! Good save! I went in for the last load of stuff. Got it in, buckled Lexi in her carseat, closed the sliding door, and tried to open my door.
Locked.
Crap.
I peer in on the driver's seat to see my cell phone and my keys sitting there.
Mocking me.
I tried knocking on a few neighbors' doors. Finally found one and borrowed her phone. Of course, my husband won't answer the phone because he doesn't recognize the number, He finally answers and says he's on his way. Neighbor suggests calling the police.
Nope. Not going there. That's all I need is a police car at the house and every neighbor wondering what was going on. Heck, I already had the puffy eyes from crying. I can only image the stories that would have flown around.
I considered calling AAA, but decided Jeramy would get there first.
For the next 20 minutes, I stood outside the van holding up the iPad with Cailou playing trying to keep Lexi happy. She screamed the entire time.
I wanted to scream.
And cry.
Good thing all my tears came out earlier.
By the time Jeramy got there, we had no time left to get gas or food. We picked up the girls and got on the freeway.
Freeway was dead stopped.
It took us an hour to get over the Point of the Mountain.
By the time we hit Ogden, we all had to get out. We stopped for gas at Maverick. I bought myself some nasty gas station nachos.
So not Zupas.
But they made it all seem a little better.
Someday I'll look back at this day and laugh.
Just not today.
Tuesday, May 27, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment