Monday, May 26, 2014

Take your daughter to work days...

From time to time I have to go work at the office.  My boss has been pretty amazing about letting Lexi come with me, which is nice, but hard at the same time.  It's nice not having to pay a sitter, but it's harder to get things done with her around.
There is usually an office that isn't being used in the morning when I'm there, so Lexi hangs out in there and watches Cailou to her little heart's content.  If she's good, she gets to go to the park that is just outside.  If she's bad, well, she usually gets to go the park anyway because she really doesn't know why I get upset when she comes out when I'm helping clients.


There was a day last week that she was bad and she knew it.  I was in one of the offices talking with one of our therapists and Lexi came in with wet hands.  She said, "Look mom, clean hands!"  So proud of herself.  I thought, "Oh, how cute...."  Wait.  Where did she get the water?  So I asked her and she took me to the bathroom where I found toilet water all over the floor and a whole roll of toilet paper in the toilet.
Yup.  Never trust a 2 year old.
She loves to take the elevator and has to push the button.  Problem is that the button is right next to the alarm button.  Whoever designed this elevator clearly didn't have kids.
She also loves to check the mail outside.  She will try to fit the mail key in each and every mailbox.
Her favorite office has a pony on the desk.  She always asks to play in the pony office.  (Keep in mind we have a child therapy play office full of tons of toys.  She's not a fan of it).
She loves sticky notes.
And pens.
She knows where I keep the extra keys.
She knows which therapist goes in which office.
She has been found peering into Lance's (my boss) office under the blinds, banging on the window saying, "Lance!  I see you, Lance!"
Yup.  I still have a job.  
Most people get a kick out of her.
I'm waiting for someone to complain, but until then, I'll just be grateful she can come with me. 

No comments: